Federal state budgetary institution "Central scientific-methodical veterinary laboratory" hereinafter referred to as "Institution" created by the order of people's Commissariat of grain and livestock state farms of the RSFSR from November 17, 1943 No. 434, as a Scientific–industrial laboratory for the fight against diseases of young farm animals.
The institution was renamed the order of the state agricultural Committee of RSFSR from April, 14th, 1987 No. 28 – in the Republican scientific-production veterinary laboratory, Ministry of agriculture and food of the Russian Federation from 05 March 1994 No. 48 in the Central scientific-methodical veterinary laboratory.